Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What I'm Listening To...


Band of Horses - Our Swords (Listen)
While you may think the song is initially by the Blue Man Group with that PVC pipe sounding beat, ghost-like lyrics are added by singer Ben Birdwell, and may remind you a little of My Morning Jacket. The rhythmic timing then sends you into a melodic trance. The guitar takes you along as if you are moving with the song. I can see a great stop-motion music video as I listen to this song. Maybe taking place on a subway with people rocking back and forth to the jerking of the train. Listen to it and think about it. Our Swords is a song that keeps it simple but still packs a lot. With their new CD Cease To Begin (Which came out October 7th), Band of Horses has quickly become one of my new obsessions.

No comments: